Purpose and Scope
This position fulfills an important role in the success of the installed-sales section of the company, working under the direction and supervision of Window/Door/Awning/Garage Door Sales Team to provide installation services for this production line according to customer requests, manufacturer specifications, and local code. The Installer plays a significant role in meeting job goals and is encouraged to pursue education to further their knowledge and develop additional skills that will help them advance into leadership roles. Because the construction industry is occasionally dependent upon uncontrollable factors, Installers may be assigned to projects or tasks in other departments on occasion.
The responsibilities of the Installer include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a work schedule that represents Stoneburner in a professional manner with all customers, arriving at the job sites within stated times and communicating effectively with the customer to ensure appropriate expectations.
- Follow company policies as outlined in the employee handbook and through performance and appearance reflect positively on your profession and the company.
- Dress appropriately for a construction environment, always representing Stoneburner, Inc. in a professional manner.
- Follow instructions of the supervisor, customer, and/or job site superintendent.
- Install and service doors, windows, awnings, and garage doors.
- Repair, troubleshoot, and retrofit existing openings and products.
- Evaluate and thoroughly document any site conditions that impact performance.
- Perform all work correctly and accurately demonstrating conscientious and superior workmanship according to Stoneburner Inc. standards.
- Perform work according to current codes.
- Adhere to all safety regulations and policies.
- Work proficiently to meet man hour goals for each job.
- Communicate appropriately with supervisor regarding job issues, requests for sick or vacation leave or other job related matters.
- Participate in formal and informal training opportunities when available or required to perform job duties proficiently.
- Participate in any required meetings.
- Assist with jobs or tasks within the company as necessary to adjust for work flow changes.
- Assist in training new employees as needed.
The Installer reports to the Commercial Product Sales Manager on a daily basis. However, because they may work with multiple salesmen during the course of a year, supervision is shared with the vice-president of the company, who will oversee performance, skill development, goal setting, and training.
Education and Training – Vocational training in carpentry desired but not required.
Experience – 3 to 5 years of experience in door, window, awning, and garage door installation preferred.
Additional Skills or Requirements – Valid Virginia Driver’s License required along with an acceptable driving record as defined by our insurer and reliable transportation to and from job sites within a 90 mile radius of Harrisonburg.
Must be able to perform basic physical tasks normal to the construction industry, including but not limited to kneeling/bending for long periods; walking on uneven, sloped, or narrow surfaces (good balance is critical); climbing ladders; crawling; and lifting at least 75 lbs. on a routine basis and over 100 on occasion. Must be able to work with arms above head level for sustained periods of time; must be able to work in hot and cold temperatures and in adverse weather and job site conditions. Must be comfortable working at heights. Must be able to read a tape measure. Must be able to use a hammer and other tools of the trade for a prolonged period of time.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
|Job Category||Construction, Customer Service|